I woke up this morning feeling thankful. Thankful for family and good friends. Thankful for a job, and not just a J-O-B to collect a check, but a job I am passionate about showing up for each day. What better way to spend a Friday by thinking of all the good things I am grateful for?
I want to share a couple:
- I am grateful for the opportunity to collaborate on the Women of HR blog with Lisa Rosendahl, Shauna Moerke, and all the other contributors. We shared some of the motivation behind creating the site on the HR Happy Hour show last night. Be sure to give a listen if you missed it. AND, let me know if you have any interest in being a contributing writer at Women of HR.
- I’d like to thank Al Gore for creating the Internet. Well….you know what I mean. Seriously, being involved in social media helped me have a relationship with China Gorman, so I’ll thank Al Gore and whomever necessary for that one. China is a real inspiration to me on a daily basis. Seeing her in person this week just solidifies that. Thanks China.
- I’m thankful for my friend Sarah White. For reasons too numerous to name, just “thank you Sarah” for being you.
- I’m SO thankful for people who are “real” and tell it like it is. #1 in that category for me this week is Laurie Ruettimann. Sure, we all see the snarky side on her fantastic blog, The Cynical Girl. What you don’t all get to see is the fierce friend that she is. LUV her!
- And, it’s not all about women. I’d like to say how grateful I am for the following men in my professional life because each of you made a difference for me this week: Steve Boese, Ricardo Moreno, David Cook, Eric Winegardner, and Jason Seiden. Special thank you to Jason and Steve for being my partners in crime at HR Southwest in the session on social media. Loved our presentation!
So, who are you grateful for this week? Come on….I know you want to tell me in the comments….. Let’s see how many we can get!