*From the dusty archives…
Well, we’re full on in the gift giving season and I’m wondering about re-gifting. I don’t do it BUT, I have received several presents over the years that still sit in the closet, unopened. Maybe I should give them to someone else.
Let’s see, I have:
- Several strange ornaments
- Some nice binoculars. These are cool, but I really haven’t found anything I need to see that close up.
- A puzzle of New York City. I like to travel to NYC, not make puzzles of the skyline.
- A bible. Ok, I already have a bible. Don’t know why someone thought I’d need a new one. The old one does ok and quite honestly, the only one I read is the Children’s version anymore.
- Movies like The Money Pit, Major League, and Batman Dark Knight. I’m fairly certain those should be given away.
So, you see, I could really give some great gifts to my family and friends and not have to brave the stores. At my last job, we all re-gifted one hideous gift. It was called the Frowl. It was a pottery piece that looked like a cross between a frog and an owl. It was either some odd candle holder or a toothbrush holder. We figured that out because it had holes in the belly. Each person who received it couldn’t wait to pass it on to someone else at the next holiday or milestone.
What do you think about re-gifting? Do you do it? What’s the WORST gift you’ve ever re-gifted or received that you think was re-gifted to you? Share in the comments!