Who's that girl?
About Trish McFarlane
A former HR executive and HCM product leader with over 20 years of experience in Big 4 public accounting, PR, healthcare, manufacturing, and IT, Trish brings that knowledge to her clients as an analyst and advisor.
Trish graduated from Webster University with an MA in Human Resource Management, and also holds a BA in Sociology and Minor in Political Science from the University of Missouri.
She’s a working mother who loves writing, doing anything artistic, and volunteering for organizations that help children.
Areas of expertise
Training and Development
Social Media for Business
Trish co-founded HRevolution, a conference to highlight emerging trends and the future of HR, with the goal of providing an alternative networking and learning experience for business professionals who were tired of the traditional conference model.
Trish co-founded Women of HR in order to give a voice to practitioners who are passionate about issues affecting women in the workplace. The blog is a place to find information and discuss a variety of topics that impact the lives of women.
Awards & accolades
- Digital HR’s 60+ Top Global Influencers in HR Tech (2019)
- Forbes Top 6 HR Podcasts (2018)
- Bamboo HR’s Top 25 HR Blogs (2018)
- EmpxTrack 10 Best HR and Recruitment Blogs (2018)
- Proven’s Very Best 75+ HR Blogs to Follow (2018)
- Bamboo HR’s Top 25 HR Blogs (2016)
- Recruitee’s 30 Most Influential People to Follow in the HR Tech World (2016)
- DevSkiller’s 50 Most Game-Changing Influencers in Recruitment (2015)
- Glassdoor’s HR & Recruiting Thought Leaders to Follow (2015)
- Capterra’s Top 7 HR Podcasts (2015)
- Interview Mocha’s Top Recruitment Thought Leaders (2015)
- ETS Best HR Blogs (2015)
- Workable’s Top 50 HR Twitterati (2015)
- BetterBuys Top 50 HR Blogs to Read (2015)
- SAP’s Top 51 Human Potential Influencers (2015)
- Bamboo HR Top 25 HR Blogs (2014)
- HRO’s Top HR Superstars (2014)
- The Huffington Post Top 100 Most Social HR Experts on Twitter (2013)
- When I Work’s Top 10 HR Bloggers You Must Follow (2013)
- HR Executive’s Next Gen Influencer Panel (2013)
- Jobscience’s Top 10 Not to Miss HR Blogs 2013
- Payscale’s 25 Must Read HR Blogs (2013)
- Bamboo HR’s Top 25 Socially Shared HR Blogs (2012)
- SparkHire.com’s Top 10 HR Blog Posts (2012)
- Fistful of Talent’s Top 25 Talent Management Blogs (2012)
- HR Fishbowl Best Trench HR Blog Posts (2012)
- Expert HR’s Best of the HR Blogs (2012)
- Tribe HR Top Ten HR Blogs (2011)
- HR Examiner’s Top 25 HR Digital Influencers (2011)
- HR Examiner’s Top 25 Online Influencers in Leadership (2011)
- HR Examiner’s Top 25 Online Influencers in Talent Management (2011)
- HR Examiner’s Top 25 HR Digital Influencers (2010)
- HR Examiner’s Top 25 Most Influential Online Recruiters (2010)
- HR Examiner’s Top 25 Online Influencers in Leadership (2010)
- HR Examiner’s Top 25 Online Influencers in Talent Management (2010)
- Ceridian’s HR Thought Leaders (2010)
- Monster.com’s Top 10 Blogs to follow on Twitter (2010)
Other consultancy services
Working together to align HR and HCM technology with the needs of your organization.
Led by Trish McFarlane and Steve Boese, H3 HR Advisors harnesses over 40 years of combined experience to provide HCM analysis, expertise and technology insights to global organizations.
Launched in 2009, The HR Happy Hour Show is hosted by Steve Boese and Trish McFarlane, and is the longest continuously running internet radio show and podcast on all things HR and HCM.
Partner with me
Get in touch today to find out more about how I can help your organization leverage HR and HCM technology to attract, onboard, retain and manage top talent.