Trish McFarlane, author of the HR Ringleader blog, is the head of Human Resources for a global IT Consulting firm. A practicing HR professional with over 15 years of experience in Big 4 public accounting, PR, and healthcare, her expertise in leadership, performance management, training & development, change management, social media, and innovation, enables her to capture readers and audiences with real-life examples of how leadership plays out in organizations.
Trish co-founded HRevolution (https://thehrevolution.org), a conference that highlights emerging trends and the future of HR, with the goal of providing an alternative networking and learning experience for business professionals who were tired of the traditional conference model. HRevolution is an event that inspires collaboration and innovative ideas in the human resource industry. She also co-founded the Women of HR blog (www.womenofhr.com) in order to give a voice to practitioners who are passionate about issues affecting women in the workplace.
Trish has been a speaker at various events. Most recently at the Senior HR Executive Conference , The HR Technology Conference, The Conference Board’s “Social Media for HR Conference”, CHCA, HR Southwest, HR Florida, Talent Net Live, HRevolution, and TRU London. She has received numerous accolades for her blogging and online efforts including:
- Bamboo HR’s Top 25 Socially Shared HR Blogs in 2012 (For HR Ringleader & Women of HR)
- Tribe HR Top Ten HR Blogs in 2011
- HR Examiner’s Top 25 HR Digital Influencers (2011 and 2010)
- HR Examiner’s Top 25 Most Influential Online Recruiters (2010)
- HR Examiner’s Top 25 Online Influencers in Leadership (2011 and 2010)
- HR Examiner’s Top 25 Online Influencers in Talent Management (2010 and 2011)
- Ceridian’s “HR Thought Leaders” (December 2010)
- Monster.com’s Top 10 Blogs to follow on Twitter for 2010
She writes guest posts for several sites including SocialMediaToday.com, Halogen’s “Lighter Side of HR”, and many others. She has also been cited in the Business Journal publications, USA Today, and HR Executive Magazine online.
Trish graduated from Webster University with a MA in Human Resource Management. She also holds a BA in Sociology and Minor in Political Science from the University of Missouri. She’s a working mother of eight year old twins who loves writing, doing anything artistic, and volunteering for organizations that help children.
How do comments look?!
And, again, how about replies?!