I had a HR-related post all ready to go for today but woke up and feeling happy and a little silly. Instead of running something traditional, I thought I’d go for something more fun. Some of the posts I like to read on other blogs are the ones that tell me about the writer on a personal level. With that in mind, here are a few “fun facts” that I wouldn’t normally share, but hey, we’re all friends, right?
- I am afraid of raccoons and tiny frogs.
- My favorite flower is the alstroemeria. I hate red roses.
- I think all women should be able to change tires, spark plugs, headlights, etc. I can do mine, and have. Last time I changed my tire was several years ago when I had my jeep. And yes, I was in a skirt and heels on the way to work.
- I am not afraid to admit that I like Prince and Rick Springfield.
- I once met Colin Powell and he was the coolest man ever.
- I used work with one of President Regan’s press secretaries. He’s one of the most interesting people I’ve ever known.
- If I ever turn on the tv and ‘Close Encounters of the Third Kind’ is on, I MUST watch it right then at whatever part of the movie it is.
- I hate drama.
- I don’t like to boo hoo about problems or difficulties- I am definitely a “mind over matter” kind of girl and I just let it all make me stronger and stronger.
- I am a horrible singer but I am the entertainer of my family.
- I am a good cook. I love to make up recipes and I DON’T measure.
- I like risk.
- I like to be independent, but what I really like is to be taken care of once in awhile.
- I am silly.
- I am kinda smart.
- I took piano lessons for 9 years, most of which were from a nun.
- I have 3 dogs and a fish I love.
- I like to drink Mic Ultra from a bottle- NO glass for me.
So, why don’t you tell me about you in the comments? What are some of the fun facts I don’t know?
I am a history nerd, primarily a Civil War geek.
I am afraid of heights.
I have to watch “Animal House” whenever it is on.
I would rather go to the North Woods than NYC or LA.
I make the best chili in the world IMHO.
I kinda like the Iowa Hawkeyes and Chicago Blackhawks.
My brushes with celebrities include Jerry Lewis and Dom DeLuise. Oh yeah, and Trish McFalane.
I am a hippy dippy chick from CA – Haight Ashbury and Santa Barbara
I grow my own food and am a locavore protagonist
I work in the “security cleared community” and find it fascinating.
Honored to be married to a Marine who I met on a blind date.
I have a double identity then I switch back & forth on throughout the day
I don’t watch TV and love reading real books not those on a Kindle
I am a sci fi follower/lover – Star Trek to be precise
I am a closet head banger – Van Halen, AC/DC
I have kissed Kenny Loggins and decorated the Old Executive Office building for Christmas once.
I studied Biochemistry, Law, Marketing and NonProfit Management.
I have word the Panda suit for World Wildlife Fund
I am afraid of heights, snakes and movies where people get strung out on drugs
I cherish everyday with my family including my 105 pound lap dog
Here are some fun things to share:
1) Trish and I talk about llamas every time we talk. It just has to happen !!
2) I used to sing Led Zeppelin songs out load when I made cotton candy at Cedar Point to pass the time.
3) People are surprised I’m tall. I’m not.
4) John Jorgensen and I start every conversation by stating what rock song/artist we are listening too.
5) Proud and defiant ABBA fan !!
6) Any time Monty Python is on, I have to watch it. Timeless.
7) The first date with my future wife was The Princess Bride. Incredible film with and incredible person !!
I forgot to mention that I have never lost a game of Trivial Pursuit.